List of official Tetris games
- This is a list of Tetris games that were officially licensed. For a list of all games including official and unofficial, see List of games
Officially licensed Tetris games have been released on a variety of platforms, and standalone products. It is the most ported game series, having been ported to over 70 unique platforms as of 2023. Over 70 million physical copies have been sold, and an additional 100 million paid digital downloads as of 2010. By 2014, the Tetris franchise had over 425 million paid downloads on mobile platforms, making it one of the most sucessful video game franchises by number of sales.
The first Tetris games released were Alexey’s Electronica 60 version and Vadim Gerasimov’s IBM PC port. The first commercial games released in North America and Europe were Tetris (Spectrum HoloByte) for IBM PC and Tetris (Mirrorsoft) for Commodore 64; and in Japan Tetris (BPS). The best selling Tetris game is Tetris (Game Boy) with over 35 million copies sold, the majority being bundled with the Game Boy.
Legal disputes make the term official unclear for some early titles. To clarify, this list includes both licensed games and those developed under the pretense of having a license.
Official Tetris games
Unknown release date
|Tetris (GTV Plus)||Unknown year||CoolGames Studio||GTV||VN|
|Tetris (Mega Drive)||Sanritsu Denki||Sega||JP, NA|
|Tetris Jr. (Game and Watch)||Nintendo||Nintendo|
|Tetris DS (THQ)||TOSE||THQ||JP, NA, PAL|
|Tetris The Grand Master 4 The Masters of Round||Arika||JP|
|Tetris Royale||N3TWORK||N3TWORK||WW excluding CN|
|Tetris Dimensions||Play Mechanix||ICE Games||NA|
|Tetris (boardgame, Milton Bradley)||1989|
|Tetris (boargame, Tomy)||1991|
|Tetris Tower 3D||2004|
|Tetris: The Card Game||2011|
|Tetris Super Jackpot||2018||SG Digital||SG Interactive|
|Tetris Extreme||2019||SG Digital||SG Interactive|
- ↑ https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-ported-computer-game
- ↑ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/tetris-sells-100-million-on-mobile-devices/1100-6246722/
- ↑ https://venturebeat.com/2014/04/07/mr-tetris-explains-why-the-puzzle-game-is-still-popular-after-three-decades-interview/
- ↑ http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2009/06/68024593/1