Tetris (PlayStation Portable)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Playfield dimensions||10 × 20|
Tetris was a downloadable game for the PlayStation Portable. It was delisted on January 9, 2014.
The game has two sets of modes.
- Play: This is a guideline variable goal marathon mode. The player may start at any level from 1 to 15. The goal requirements are the same regardless of starting level.
- Variant: This is a set of modes where the goal is to clear 40 lines. The player may choose any level from 1 to 15 in all variants except for Radical.
List of variants
- Origin: Standard Tetris with no gimmicks. Unlocked by default.
- Treadmill: The stack shifts horizontally with every piece. Unlocked by default.
- Gravity: Implements cascade gravity. Unlocked by default.
- Laser: A laser moves down from the top of the screen while a piece is active. If it touches the stack the player loses. The laser resets when a piece locks. Has cascade gravity. Unlocked by completing Origin.
- Flood: Garbage lines appear at regular intervals. Has cascade gravity. Unlocked by completing a variant in under 4 minutes.
- Split: The playfield is split in half, and the player must alternate placing pieces in each half. Has cascade gravity. Unlocked by completing 4 Tetrises in one game.
- Scanner: Completed lines remain in place until the scanner crosses the field, at which point they clear all at once. Has cascade gravity. Unlocked by completing 3 variants.
- Flashlight: Only the columns below the active piece are illuminated. Hard dropping will illuminate the playfield briefly. Has cascade gravity. Unlcoked by completing any variant at Level 10 or higher.
- Chill: Blocks are frozen at intervals. After being frozen twice they become hard blocks; instead of disappearing when a line is completed they return to normal blocks. Has cascade gravity. Unlocked by completing 8 lines in one scan in Scanner.
- Magnetic: Blue pieces are attracted to the left, red pieces to the right. Has cascade gravity. Unlocked by completing 6 or more lines in one turn in Gravity.
- Ledges: Pieces must be placed on the ledges; there is no floor. Has cascade gravity. Unlocked by completing 400 lines total.
- Radical: Standard Tetris with 20G gravity. Unlocked by completing all other variants.