Tetris (PlayStation 3)
|Developer(s)||Wanako Games |
Behaviour Interactive Inc.
|Playfield size||10 × 20 (primary)|
Tetris for the PlayStation 3 was a downloadable game on the PlayStation Network. It was delisted around January 9, 2014.
Other features include high-definition graphics, 5.1-channel surround sound, replay functionality, leaderboards and online multiplayer.
Single Player modes
A standard variable-goal marathon mode with selectable starting level.
12 mini-game modes. The player must clear 40 lines on any Variant to complete the stage. All Variants except Radical have selectable starting levels, and all other Variants except Origin and Treadmill use cascade gravity.
- Origin - Standard Tetris gameplay.
- Treadmill - The blocks within the playfield shift 4 cells to the right for every piece dropped.
- Gravity - Standard gameplay with cascade gravity.
- Flood - Garbage lines are added to the bottom after a set amount of moves.
- Ledges - The player must place tetrominoes on a set of non-clearable blocks at the bottom of the playfield. Any blocks that pass through the ledge will fall and disappear from the playfield.
- Laser - The player must clear lines below a laser line at the top of the playfield which goes down for every piece drop. Clearing a line moves the laser back up the playfield.
- Magnetic - Two groups of tetrominoes, each colored red and blue, are dropped onto the playfield. Blocks of the same color attract to each other against one side of the playfield after a line clear or piece drop.
- Scanner - Completed lines remain in place until a scanner crosses the playfield, which clears any lines after a set amount of moves.
- Split - The player alternates between the two halves of the playfield on which to drop pieces.
- Chill - Blocks are "frozen" at multiple move intervals. When frozen twice, the blocks will remain on the playfield after a line has been cleared with these blocks.
- Flashlight - Only the columns around the current piece on the playfield are illuminated. Hard dropping or line clearing will briefly flash the entire playfield.
- Radical - Standard gameplay with 20G gravity.
Using any of the 12 Variants, the player must have a higher score than a previous replay of another local or online player.
Head-to-head Marathon gameplay. The player wins either by completing Level 15 or topping out last.
Play any of the 12 Variants against another player.
Standard multiplayer versus mode with solid garbage line attack. The player must knock out their opponent(s) up to three times within a 2-minute period. Up to 6 players can compete in this mode.
Untimed versus mode with toggleable Power-Ups and regular garbage attacks. Up to 4 players can compete in this mode. When toggled on, the following Power-Ups may appear in random pieces and are activated when cleared in a line:
- Freeze - Disables the opponent's Hold, hard drop, and soft drop for a limited time period.
- Earthquake - Applies cascade gravity to the player's current stack.
- Flashlight - Temporarily darkens the opponent's playfield.
- Treadmill - Moves the opponent's stack to the left after every piece drop.
Two teams, each with two players, compete against each other. Attacker and Defense roles can be alternated for each player; Attackers send lines, while Defenders clear solid garbage lines underneath.
2 players must clear lines with a 12 × 12 playfield with two overlapping columns.
Random Online Match
The player is randomly matched with an online player in Battle mode.