Tetris 2 + Bombliss
|Tetris 2 + Bombliss|
|Playfield dimensions||10 × 20|
|Rotation system||BPS rotation|
- Not to be confused with Tetris 2.
Super Tetris 2 + Bombliss is an updated version of the same game for the Super Famicom. Both include Tetris and Bombliss, and both include a battery to save high scores for up to ten players. This game possibly the first to implement four orientations for S, Z, and I tetrominoes.
The Tetris modes play similar to other Tetris games, with quick movement and animation.
- A-Type is a standard marathon mode. By default the player can start from levels 0 to 20, with subsequent starting levels available after reaching them in a game. Level increases at 10*(n+1) lines, so that the same number of lines need to be cleared regardless of the starting level.
- B-Type is divided into 30 levels (0-29) and 6 heights (0-5, corresponding to 0, 3, 6, 8, 10, 12 lines of garbage). Clearing 25 lines will pass the stage, causing the player to advance a height. Clearing height 5 will advance the level. An ending occurs on clearing level 29 height 5.
- C-Type is similar to A-Type, but garbage will rise from the bottom at certain intervals. The frequency of garbage depends on the 10-line section:
|0-9||Every 6 pieces|
|20-29||Every 16 pieces|
|40-49||Every 12 pieces|
- After 60 lines the table loops.
- For the rules of Bombliss, see Tetris Blast.
This version of Bombliss includes 5-block pentominoes, in addition to the 2-, 3-, and 4-block pieces in other versions of Bombliss. These larger pieces make the game more cumbersome to play than the Game Boy port.
2-player is standard versus Tetris, first to 3 wins.
Each player can choose a starting level (0 to 29) and height (0 to 5). Garbage is equal to the number of lines cleared and has a single aligned hole. Both players have the same pieces, matching starting garbage and the same garbage hole.
- Known in Japan as: Tetorisu 2 + bonburisu (テトリス２＋ボンブリス)