Tetris Ultimate box art
|Platform(s)||Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation Vita, Microsoft Windows|
|Next pieces||1-6 (3DS) 1-4 (PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita, PC)|
|Playfield size||10 × 20|
|Console / PC / PS Vita version|
Tetris Ultimate is a game published by Ubisoft and in partnership with The Tetris Company for Tetris's 30th anniversary.
Tetris Ultimate uses standard Tetris Guideline rules, although some aspects of the gameplay can be modified, such as piece preview queue, Hold, ghost piece, Random Generator, lock delay, wall kicks, rotation lock, DAS, ARR, and soft drop speed.
- Marathon — Standard fixed-goal mode. Clear at least 150 lines to complete the mode.
- Endless — Fixed-goal endless Marathon. Level caps at 30; lock delay decreases after Level 20.
- Sprint — 40-lines time attack mode with selectable initial level.
- Ultra — 3-minute score attack mode.
- Battle — Multiplayer versus mode with garbage line attack system. Up to 4 local and/or online players can compete in a single match.
- Battle Ultimate — Battle mode with additional power-up items that are activated by clearing lines with marked pieces:
- Buzzsaw — Clears 3 lines from the bottom of the playfield.
- Carousel — Shifts an opponent's stack one column to the left after each piece drop.
- Hip to be Square — Replaces the opponent's next 4 pieces with O tetrominoes.
- Haunted Well — Turns the opponent's playfield invisible for 3 moves.
- Let It Rain — Drops several random blocks onto the opponent's stack after each piece drop.
- Shield — Blocks any incoming attacks for a short time.
- G-Force — Temporarily increases the opponent's gravity.
- Co-Op & Team Versus (PS4/Xbox One/PS Vita/PC) — Multiple players must clear lines within a shared playfield (for Co-op) or against each other in two shared playfields (for Team Versus). Available in all modes except Battle and Battle Ultimate.
- Time's Up (PS4/Xbox One/PS Vita/PC) — Clear as many lines as possible within 1 minute. Performing certain line clear types will add a time bonus.
- Landslide (PS4/Xbox One/PS Vita/PC) — Random garbage blocks are added to the playfield every 10 moves. Clear at least 150 lines to complete the mode.
- Haunted (PS4/Xbox One/PS Vita/PC) / Invisible (3DS) — Each piece dropped disappears from the playfield. Performing line clears will briefly illuminate the current stack. Clear at least 150 lines to complete the mode.
- Rotation Lock (3DS) — Clear lines using the provided pieces with fixed rotation states. Complete the mode by clearing at least 150 lines.
- Escalation (3DS) — Variable-goal Marathon mode. Clear Level 15 to complete the mode.
- Master (3DS) — Marathon mode with 20G gravity and decreasing lock delay. Clear at least 300 lines to complete the mode.