Pent-Up (formerly known as Pentris Plus) is a fan game created by Uni99 using the Game Maker Studio 2 engine. The development is currently in progress, but a demo has been released and is available.
|Release date(s)||Apr. 22, 2019|
|Platform(s)||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Playfield dimensions||10 × 20, 12 × 20, or 14 × 20|
|Rotation system||a custom extension of SRS|
The game is played using all 18 pentominoes, as well as all 7 tetrominoes, both triminoes, the domino, and the monomino. The distribution of said pieces can be changed in the game settings, including an option to play with only pentominoes, or with pentominoes and tetrominoes only, or with mostly tetrominoes and only a few pentominoes.
There are 17 challenges for the player to complete, one of which is automatically obtained by clearing the other 16.
- Reach 75,000 score in Marathon with default gameplay options
- Reach less than 2 and a half minutes in Line Race
- Reach 10,000 score in Ultra
- Perform a total of 40 spin Doubles and above
- Perform 10 Back-to-Backs in a row
- Beat Marathon mode
- Perform an 8 combo
- Perform a total of 5,000 hard drops
- Perform an all clear
- Perform a Pentomino I-spin Tetris
- Reach 50,000 score in Marathon with Classic Rotation System and no holding pieces
- Reach less than 3 minutes in Line Race with “All 5s Random” randomizer and 10 cells playfield width
- Reach 7,500 score in Ultra without performing Tetris, Pentris, or spin rewards
- Reach Level 5 in Marathon without stacking higher than 6 cells
- Perform 5 X-spin Triples in one game
- Perform a Pentris before timer reaches 10 seconds
- Complete all challenges
The Extended Pentomino Rotation System is the default rotation system used in Pent-Up. It works similarly to Super Rotation System, in that pieces are assigned one of a series of rotation offsets to test for.
Despite its name, it specifies rotations for triminoes, the domino, and the monomino as well. It also specifies recommendations for piece color-coding and randomizer types.