Tetris (WonderSwan Color)
|Release date(s)||April 18, 2002|
|Playfield dimensions||10w x 23?h (20h visible)|
- MARATHON: Endless mode.
- 40lines: Clear 40 lines as fast as possible. However, this is not really 40 lines mode. See details about "Lines" in Scoring section below.
- 3min: Score as many points as possible in 3 minutes.
- VS: Fight against a human opponent.
The starting level in single player game modes can be adjusted from 1-15.
The following game rules can be adjusted from their Guideline defaults in the Options menu:
- Next Piece: 0-3 (default: 3)
- Ghost Piece: On/Off (default: On)
- Hold: On/Off (default: On)
- Line clear score: See Scoring#Original Nintendo scoring system. It is same as Nintendo's scoring system. Base score value is multiplied by current level.
- "LINE" awarded by line clear (This applies to all modes, including 40lines mode)
- Back-to-back Tetris has a bonus for total lines, but no bonus for the score.
- T-Spins have no bonus.
- A Perfect Clear has a bonus of 1,000,000 points. This bonus is not multiplied by the current level, and is awarded equally for all types of line clears (i.e., a flat bonus without adding the points that otherwise would have been awarded for a normal line clear score).
- DAS: 5? frames start-up, 2 frames period (= 1/2G)
- ARE: 0 frames
- Line clear delay: 38 frames
- Soft drop: Varies by level; appears to multiply current gravity
This game features "diagonal drop," and allows DAS to be preserved between pieces so long as the direction remains held when hard dropping.
Additionally, the design of the Wonderswan features separated directional keys (as opposed to a directional pad) and allows simultaneous opposite directions to be pressed. Pressing left+right cancels out to a "neutral" movement direction, however it appears that DAS may remain charged when doing so.
This game uses a 7+1 Bag randomizer. It behaves similarly to the 7 Bag randomizer used in other games following the Tetris Guideline, but with a duplicate of one randomly selected piece shuffled in (resulting in a bag size of 8).
- Official Web Site of Tetris for Wonderswan
- テトリス(WSC) マラソンモード カンスト TAS (50:30) - Marathon score counterstop at 999,999,999 points. Demonstrates 1,000,000 point Perfect Clear bonus.
- テトリス(WSC) 40ラインモード TAS(00:05) - 40 "Lines" in 5 seconds. Demonstrates bonus lines from tetris/back-to-back; the mode is finished after four tetrises.