Tetris (Electronic Arts)
|Platform(s)||iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Playfield size||10 × 20|
Tetris is a mobile game developed and published by Electronic Arts for iOS and Android. It was later replaced by the 2011 edition.
The game features standard Tetris Guideline rules. There are two control options:
- Swipe — Swiping your finger across the screen left or right moves the tetromino horizontally, sliding down performs a soft drop, flicking down performs a hard drop, and flicking up or tapping the Hold window swaps the current piece with the hold piece.
- D-Pad — On-screen control buttons are displayed. Available only on the iPad version.
Tetris (Electronic Arts) features two game modes:
- Marathon — Variable-goal type mode. After clearing 15 levels, the game switches to Endless mode, where the player clears as many lines as they can before topping out.
- Magic — Marathon mode with special items. These can be used at any time during a round:
- Minimizer — Reduces the current piece into a single block.
- Bubble Wrap — Turns all blocks in a stack into bubbles, which can be popped individually.
- Magic Crayon — Allows the player to draw any piece, replacing the current piece.
- Wrecking Ball — Turns the current piece into spheres that bounce around the playfield, clearing any blocks on contact.
- Smashdown — Breaks up any dropped pieces into individual blocks which fall down using cascade gravity.