Difference between revisions of "TetrisWiki:Projects/Sources"
m (→TGM Series)
m (→Wikipedia: Fixed a few typos)
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
== Sources ==
== Sources ==
=== Wikipedia ===
=== Wikipedia ===
Wikipedia should never be referenced
Wikipedia should never be referenced , but it is a good place to look for references. The Video games project maintains sources and tools to find reference material that could be helpful to TetrisWiki.
Revision as of 00:37, 21 April 2021
The following is a list of sources, and references that can be used to help find information and create citations. Please remember to archive links before adding them. If a link is dead, please search the archives (archive.org, archive.is, etc) and update it if it exists.
Wikipedia should never be referenced directly, but it is a good place to look for references. The Wikipedia Video games project maintains sources and tools to find reference material that could be helpful to TetrisWiki.
While English Wikipedia has many sources, other languages such as Japanese and French also have their own content which differs https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%86%E3%83%88%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9 https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris
Sega Retro wiki
The main Tetris page on Sega retro, as well as many other pages have useful information, physical scans, etc.
- Game Over: How Nintendo Zapped an American Industry, Captured Your Dollars, and Enslaved Your Children by David Sheff
The following is a list of references found by the community that can be used as citations, and creating new content.
- https://www.filfre.net/2017/06/tales-of-the-mirror-world-part-1-calculators-and-cybernetics/ -- 8 part series
- https://www.wdic.org/w/MOE/%E3%83%86%E3%83%88%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E4%BA%8B%E4%BB%B6 - "The incident" Sega vs Nintendo Japanese perspective
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf8f4FFyqiw - DICE Summit
- https://www.logsoku.com/r/2ch.net/rarc/1231360670/#257 ← interesting story about 1988 Sega Tetris and ports to other hardware to meet production demand, some speculation about licensing in Japan, etc.
- http://www.geocities.jp/tgm_2ch/ ← the archive of tons of 2ch threads about TGM
- http://www.itmedia.co.jp/games/news/9905/28/news01.html ← TGM1 PSX cancellation news
- http://web.archive.org/web/20091124064103/http://www.am-j.co.jp/column/47amshow/data03.html ← TGM4’s performance relative to Dekaris at 47th Amusement Machine Show; only made top ten on day 3, whereas Dekaris made top three every single day
- https://www.reddit.com/r/Spaera/comments/45k0nk/did_we_lose_the_game_just_to_preserve_bobnet/ -- on Spaera switching from polyomino tessellation to color matching
- https://desiree47.wordpress.com/2008/12/07/tetris-and-intellectual-property-rights-trademark/ -- Xio blog
- https://jp.ign.com/tetris-effect/30800/interview/vre35 - Henk says that fan games are not a big deal if there isn’t a lot of money involved, and that it’s like garage cover bands
- https://web.archive.org/web/20070209010739/http://www.abednarz.net:80/anonymous.html -- e-mails from an anonymous dev with Henk, regarding copyright etc.