Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Playfield size||10 × 20 (primary) |
6 × 20 (Fever & Survival modes)
10 × 10 (Jigsaw mode)
20 × 20 (Shadow Wide mode)
6 × 6 (Fit mode)
Tetris: Axis, known as just Tetris outside of North America, is a Nintendo 3DS exclusive game.
- Marathon — Standard fixed-goal mode. Clear at least 150 lines to complete the mode or play endlessly. Available in Multiplayer.
- Computer Battle — Fight against 10 CPU opponents in standard Versus mode. Items can be toggled on or off.
- Fever — Clear as many lines as possible within 60 seconds, using a narrow playfield. Color Bonuses are given when the current piece used in a line clear matches that of the row of garbage blocks within the line clear; clearing the bonus maps within the short time frame will add bonus points. Items are also available. Available in Multiplayer.
- Survival — Clear as many rising garbage rows within a narrow playfield before topping out. Clear at least 150 lines to complete the mode or play endlessly.
- VS Battle — Compete against opponents in standard Versus mode, either through local connection, Download Play, or Online Matching. Up to 8 players can participate in a single match.
- Jigsaw — Using the provided reference picture, the player must place the puzzle pieces in the correct locations within a 3-minute time limit. Any misplaced piece will subtract 10 seconds from the in-game timer.
- Shadow Wide — Use polynominoes to fill in a design within the playfield. The finished picture will then be displayed as a 3D model at the top screen. Available in Multiplayer.
- Fit — Using gameplay rules from Tetris Blockout, the player must place pieces within a hole pattern in a 3D plane as quickly as possible before the plane reaches the top area. Clear 50 planes to complete the mode or play endlessly.
- Tower Climber — A small character appears in a cylindrical playfield. The goal is to help the character climb to the top by stacking pieces to create stairs. If the character gets crushed by a dropped piece, falls to the bottom, or runs out of life, the game ends. When the character reaches the 50th row, the mode is completed. An endless option, Everest, is also toggleable. Available in Multiplayer.
- Bombliss Plus — Use bombs within pieces to clear lines in the playfield. Clear the last target block at the bottom of the field to complete the mode. Clear through 5 stages or play endlessly.
- Stage Racer Plus — Guide the piece to the bottom of a 400-line obstacle course within the playfield without it touching the top. The player can make the current piece jump across the course for a limited amount of times. Ten courses, two for each piece type (except I and O), are available; an endless option, Abyss, is also toggleable. Available in Multiplayer.
- Capture — Use pieces to cover stars in the playfield. By covering a star, the playfield is then flipped and the player must cover the star at the same spot using the same block color as the "front" star to flip back to the original field. Clear 10 levels to complete the mode. Available in Multiplayer.
- Master — 150-line Marathon with 20G gravity and decreasing lock delay values per level. Endless option is also toggleable.
- Sprint — 40-lines time attack mode.
Using the 3DS' augmented reality function, the following modes can be played in a real-time AR environment.
- AR Marathon — Clear 50 lines to complete the mode.
- AR Climber — Guide a character to the top of a cylindrical playfield by stacking pieces to create stairs.