Spectrum HoloByte was the first company to publish Tetris brand games in Western Europe and North America.
Collaborated with Bullet Proof Software on a few titles. (which ones?)
In December 1993, they merged with MicroProse, and adopted the name MicroProse in 1996. MicroProse was acquired by Hasbro Interactive in 1998 and Hasbro closed Spectrum HoloByte in 1999. In January of 2001, Hasbro sold it's video game assets, including it's Atari brand, to Infogrames, which renamed itself to Atari after.
The following tetromino games were developed or published by Spectrum HoloByte:
- Super Tetris (PC DOS, 16-bit Windows)
- Tetris (PC, Spectrum HoloByte) (PC DOS)
- Tetris Classic (PC DOS, 16-bit Windows)
The following non-tetromino games were developed or published by Spectrum HoloByte:
- BreakThru, a "SameGame" clone (Game Boy, Super NES)
- Faces...Tris III, a.k.a. "FaceTris" (PC DOS)
- Hatris (PC DOS)
- Qwirks (Windows)
- Welltris (PC DOS)
- WildSnake (Game Boy, Super NES)
- Wordtris (Game Boy, Super NES, PC DOS)