MAME is an open source project, which give the chance to test code changes.
Current version: 0.132 + diff + WolfMAME's inpview (tgmj/tgm2/tgm2p only) (these links will appear soon, please be patient)
- GCC optimized for i686
- VC++ 2005
This mod makes MAME poll for host input more often. It makes TGM even less playable (too heavy for my poor laptop), but it is not that heavy with TGM2 and TAP.
In addition, it handles pressing opposite directions in a different way:
- If you press left, then right without releasing left, it will read left then right
- This is also true for right->left, up->down and down->up
- Original MAME locks (i.e. ignores) both left and right if you pressed right without releasing left
- Still, if you press left and right at the same time, it will lock both
- However, if you press up and down at the same time, it will prefer up
Note: this mod produces/reads .inp files incompatible with the original MAME.