|(12 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)|
Current version: 0.
132 + diff + WolfMAME' s inpview ( tgmj/ tgm2/ tgm2p only)
these links will appear soon, please be patient)
Current version: 0.'
** GCC optimized for i686
** VC++ 2005
This mod makes MAME poll for host input more often. It makes TGM even less playable (too heavy for my poor laptop), but it is not that heavy with TGM2 and TAP.
In addition, it handles pressing opposite directions in a different way:
If you press left, then right without releasing left, it will read left then right
This is also true for right->left, up->down and down->up
* Original MAME locks (i. e. ignores) both left and right if you pressed right without releasing left
Still, if you press left and right at the same time, it will lock both
However, if you press up and down at the same time, it will prefer up
Note: this mod produces/reads .inp files incompatible with the original MAME .
produces/reads .inp files incompatible with the original MAME
MAME is an open source project, which give the chance to test code changes.
Shmupmame lagless edition
Current version: 0.137
- Windows (32 and 64 bit) GCC (VC++ version unavailable at this time)
- Mac OS X x86
- Source (pre-applied patches to 0.137)
This is a modified version of MAME with modifications in Psikyo SH-2 emulation (tgm2, tgm2p) that eliminate one extra frame of lag compared to vanilla MAME. It also includes the TGM enhancements listed below, but no inpview. Because this version is based on MAME 0.137, it also fixes graphical bugs in tgm2p, most notable of which being the blue boot-up screen.
Shmupmame thread on Shmups forum
Current version: 0.133
This is a modified version of MAME with some modifications aimed to enhance the TGM experience and WolfMAME's inpview modifications.
- After you download a version that fits your OS, use it like normal MAME
- If you have MAME installed, you can put it there
Differences from original MAME
- Only runs tgmj, tgm2 and tgm2p
- These games are configured to 4-way stick, which makes MAME favor the last pressed direction
For instance, [left; left+down; down] will send down to the game on the second input sequence
- Polls input much more frequently and before executing the emulated CPU time slices (this is a brute force modification)
TODO: poll input when the emulated machine polls input (this is the ideal modification)
- Pressing opposite directions favors the most recently pressed one, and only locks if both become pressed simultaneously
Exception: if up+down become pressed simultaneously, it favors up
- The only difference between mametgm.exe and vmametgm.exe is that the former is compiled using GCC and the latter using Visual C++ 2005
Most people report that the Visual C++ version is faster
- The Linux and Mac OS X versions are based on SDLMAME
- It maked tgmj less playable due to the introduced processing overhead, but tgm2 and tgm2p are fine
- It produces/reads .inp files incompatible with the original MAME
- Input Viewer from WolfMAME: try -inpview 1