Tetris & Dr. Mario
|Tetris & Dr. Mario|
|Release date(s)||December 30, 1994|
|Playfield dimensions||10w x 20h (Tetris); 8w x 16h (Dr. Mario)|
|Hard drop||Soft only|
|Rotation system||Nintendo Rotation System (Tetris); Dr. Mario domino system with extra wall kicks (Dr. Mario)|
- Mixed Mode - each player plays a level of B-type Tetris, a level of Dr. Mario, and uses the remaining time to score points in A-type Tetris.
- Tetris 2-player with garbage - based on the Game Boy version.
- CPU opponents in both Tetris and Dr. Mario
- Diagonal motion (soft drop + shift) in Tetris
- More flexible wall kicks in Dr. Mario
In this revision, all of the DAS mechanics from NES Tetris were retained. However, other timings and behaviors were altered slightly. ARE is 25 frames, and line clear delay adds 26 frames. In addition to this change, there are also 12 frames at the start of active time during which gravity is not applied.